2016 #ROW80 Round 4: Check-In #4 | 10 Minute Novelist: Update #34
I worked on some of the tasks I had scheduled for this week, but I spent most of my time working on the second set of edits for my 2017 novella release.
I don’t get attached to my characters/stories. After I submit them, I tend to move over to the next project. I do need to admit that I had to search for the name of my characters when I got the edits back. I do remember the stories and the details, but the names are a different beast.
I should be done with my edits later today, but one thing I have learned is that our readers can’t get the full story about my characters if I don’t include all the information necessary. Just because I know, a fact about a character doesn’t mean my readers knows it too unless I let them know.
One thing I had been working on is keeping one MC consistent and trying to reduce the amount of mood swings. With the other, it has been to keep him from being a selfish bastard. For both, letting the reader know their reasons and how they cope.
Overall, it had been an interesting process. One I enjoy more than writing the book in the first place. I know, I’m weird like that. 🙂
Last week’s tasks:
Read 2-3 books
- 4-6 book reviews – wrote 2
- Work on new book proposal – still pending
- Plan anthology story – still pending
- 2,500 words for anthology submission – 0 words written
Update Excel writing sheets Production edits (if available) #Row80 Check-ins
- Start a Friday blog post series – postpone ’til January
- 6 sentences blog post – didn’t participate this week
This week’s tasks: (Oct 17th-23rd)
- 4-6 book reviews
- Work on new book proposal
- Plan anthology story
- 2,500 words for anthology submission
- Production edits (if available)
- #Row80 Check-ins
- 6 sentences blog post